martes, 17 de junio de 2008

Obama Wins the Nomination for the Democratic Party

***WARNING: Entry contains partisan views.

This entry has been on the backburner for quite a while. Of course, Obama secured all the necessary delegates on June 4th, but Hillary officially bowed out on June 7th. It was an extraordinary event for me, as I was not used to my favorite candidate coming to the forefront. Now his main challenge is to unite Democrats and Americans again as Bill Clinton once did...

Hillary Clinton announced her support for our campaign today. Senator Clinton made history over the past 16 months -- not just because she has broken barriers, but because she has inspired millions of Americans with her strength, her courage, and her commitment to causes like universal health care that make a difference in the lives of hardworking Americans.

It's time for all of us to come together to take on John McCain in the general election. John McCain offers another four years of George Bush's policies, which our country simply cannot afford.


And only a few weeks before, one of my favorite candidates in the past 4 years also endorced Barack Obama:

Con esa fuerza, me sientaba como un angel ha caedo del cielo. Era una accion muy emocionante para mi gusto...

Most of the people I consider my heros are politicians. Bill Clinton. Alvaro Uribe. Al Gore. Barack Obama. And today one of my heroes endorced another:

A few hours from now I will step on stage in Detroit, Michigan to announce my support for Senator Barack Obama. From now through Election Day, I intend to do whatever I can to make sure he is elected President of the United States.

Over the next four years, we are going to face many difficult challenges -- including bringing our troops home from Iraq, fixing our economy, and solving the climate crisis. Barack Obama is clearly the candidate best able to solve these problems and bring change to America.

This moment and this election are too important to let pass without taking action. Thank you for joining me,

Al Gore



This election is starting to get nasty. Hopefully Americans will not make the same mistake 3 times... As GW Bush once said, "Fool me once..."

Hilarious!

No hay comentarios: