viernes, 25 de abril de 2008

2 Different Worlds

Do you ever feel like you are perfect right where you are, then you come in contact with your past somehow, and although it feels right at the moment, you can't help but want to go back where you were?

I'm happy in Spain, I am. I love the European life. There are some things I never want to give up: men in suits on motos, great culture & architecture, the fact that you don't need a car to get around, diverse people far more aware of internationalization than Americans... I love it here. And I have been concentrating my whole job search with the goal never to return to the United States again.

But then I caught up with a friend of mine back in Houston who does Cancer research for MD Anderson. He just performed in a salsa show:

And I guess I missed the times where I was the investment banker from Wachovia, he was the PhD from MD Anderson, and we met 3 days a week for salsa. And he was always the one I had the most dancing chemistry with... ever. And as I looked at his MySpace page & remembered all the Houston attractions I used to visit... I kind of missed my life there. But I guess I have a new one here.

It's definitely different. I don't know if one is better for me than the other, but I do know that I am developing at a fast rate over here. You only realize how much you've grown when you stop and look at how different you are from the person you once were in the life you once had. And I'm learning to be a good manager. So one day my company's loo would look a little like this...



Just kidding.

No hay comentarios: