viernes, 2 de enero de 2009

MBA 4Q08 Progress Report and Next Quarter Guidance

So 3 quarters have gone by and I haven't updated this. Truth is, a lot has happened since then. Had my internship in Switzerland with an activist investor, worked on some PE deals, some investment management techniques. Good summer. Albeit boring. Barack Obama won the US elections and I finally found something to believe in. First term of second year in IESE was remarkably easy, and I found myself content with life for the first time in years. Happiness, I'm gaining on you. :)

And now, for the status report.

YE Guidance vs. Actual Results:
- Try to make the most out of the second years. Soon they will graduate, and I know I'll miss them, so I have to be conscious to hang out with them as much as possible before they leave.
Check. Even hung out with more second years than first years in Switzerland over the summer.
- Get a strong salsa program ready for the MBA Olympics & enjoy performing in front of a crowd. I love being in front of an audience, but I have to remember to just have fun.
Check. We won second place.
- Get a job.
Check. Was a great job, probably my favorite so far, learned so much about managing a fund and private equity relationships. But the most important thing I learned, was that it wasn't what I am meant to be doing. :)

>>>OUTPERFORM.

Wow, that was easy. I always believed that when things were right, they'd flow naturally and easily. Life wouldn't be a struggle. And it's not anymore. Wow. I think I am happy.

And in other news, I passed the DIEN!! Also I have signed up for 2 Spanish business classes next term. If I pass these classes, I will be able to graduate with a bilingual degree. And I always wanted to have command of another language. Speaking Spanish has built up significant self-confidence.

1Q09 Guidance
Goals for next quarter:
- Take self defense classes
- Start samba lessons
- Join Toastmasters Barcelona
- If the opportunity arises, must sing a karaoke song in Spanish
- Have a blast at Multi Culti! Appreciate and indulge in everything.
- Narrow down job opportunities and selection criteria.

If you're wondering why the my guidance has become much less substantial, it's because I have come a long way from the first one. Now that I have the operating system set, I can start adding applications ;)

Excellent article from the TraderFeed blog

No hay comentarios: