martes, 20 de enero de 2009

Obama's Inauguration


Today was the inauguration party for President Obama hosted by the Barcelona Democrats Abroad. The event was held at Le Meridien Hotel, and I picked up my tickets early, because the venue was overbooked. A few IESE students and staff were there, and most people just arrived after work and were nicely dressed. IESE was having it's own party at Twins, but I wanted to be more involved in Democrats Abroad events.

Obama's speech was humble, simple, but wonderful. Very classic. And after, the Star Spangled Banner played, and I felt nostalgic, and a proud to call myself an American again. It has been a long 8 years. It's not that I hate Bush, I just wish he would have been more intelligent. But whatever our future, I'd be lying if we said that I wouldn't miss him, even just a little.

Letterman's Top 10 Bush Moments

No hay comentarios: