lunes, 5 de noviembre de 2007

In Other News, I Danced With This Amazing Austrian Guy Named Daniel... Oooh Daniel.

So I was challenged by an MBA companion of mine, Antonio Banderas (just joking), to grab the nearest book and flip it open to 161 and print the first full sentence here.

So now you all know a sentence in my diary.

But seriously. The next book closest to me happens to be my favorite: The European Dream by Jeremy Rifkin. It was actually the book that made me leave America for Europe. And page 161 happens to be the start of a new chapter: "Forging Capitalist Markets and Nation-States." Here goes.

"The market economy has become such a pervasive force in modern life that we have come to think of it as almost like a force of nature. We Americans would be utterly lost were the marketplace not the centerpiece of our existence. While markets existed far back into antiquity, they were always marginal to social life."

Yeah so 5 of youse guys out there are supposed to do this same exercise. Don't make me call the Italian side of my family to come break your legs if you don't...

No hay comentarios: