sábado, 10 de noviembre de 2007

My First Time.... Riding A Moto

So after the Accounting exam (which was a bit tricky I admit, some things seemed too easy, but we will wait and see...) Prasad took me to buy a moto. We decided on the Honda LEAD, 100cc, but they didn't have it in my signature color, Red, so we decided to wait until later. I was just going to buy one and ride it off into the sunset, but Prasad suggested I take some lessons first. So I went to Cooltra to have some lessons in Barceloneta.

I had this Italian teacher, Francesco, and we did the lesson in Spanish. He taught me a little about the moto, and told me to give it a try. So I gave it some gas, and it took off!!! It was swerving all over the place, I was screaming and before I knew it, I was on the floor & the moto was on top of me! (If any of you say "sounds like a typical date", you lose a body part... I am a good girl). Ouch. Very ouch.

So it seemed like I would be a challenge student, and I was a little scared to embark on the moto again. Francesco sat behind me and told me to place my hands on top of his to feel what he was doing to the moto. I did that for a few times, then he told me to try myself. He put his hands on top of mine to control me. I made him sit behind me for a while to make sure I got the balance. Then he got off and I practiced alone. We spent the entire afternoon with this moto until I depleted the gas tank. I need a lot more practice.

That night I didn't have time to siesta before partying because I was talking to Daamian, Prasad, Nico and Juan Pablo online all at the same time.

Felix and I got dressed for the M for Marc party. Felix was a Monkey. I was going to go as Marilyn Monroe, but I figured no one would get me if I didn't have a blonde wig. Why did I have to be a brunette, whyyyyy??? So I just pinned some Euro bills on a cute outfit and I was "sooo Money."

After the party David and I went to Opium. He was dressed very nicely and such a Southern gentleman last night. We also met Sebastian, who was wearing my favorite color, Red! We both were drinking vodka tonics, so cute. Pretty soon David and I were talking with Victor and his wife, who was American. It seemed like Americans and Spaniards ended up getting together quite often! Victor from Barca and his wife, David and his Spanish girlfriend Maria, and me...

Had some drinks with Martin downstairs until the club closed. A few IESE students were heading to Sutton, but I decided to go home, having had an average of 4 hours sleep per night studying for midterms. Got home at 6AM.

No hay comentarios: