miércoles, 19 de septiembre de 2007

Holidays In Barcelona

Today I woke up to David Bisbal’s “Silencio" on my IPOD stereo… Danced around a bit. Sometimes when I walk through the city my play list surprises me with Tom Jones’ “Secret Agent Man” and by the looks of Barcelona it almost seems hilarious. Most days I hitch a ride on my flat mates’ moto to school (awaiting the precious moment I can buy one to call my own), and when I get to class I struggle to deal with helmet hair. It is all very sexy indeed. But all is well in Barcelona.

A few notes: Spanish bureaucracy sucks! Just give me my forms so I can get a Residence card. And just give me my Residence Card right away without having to go to several police stations to get fingerprinted and city council offices to wait in line all day. And internet guy, please install my wireless because I am not good with following directions and I cannot read Spanish instructions. Plus in America they do it for you… And buses please arrive on time. And Microsoft Office, please magically appear on my computer.

Life in Barcelona isn’t all about parties and holidays. Right. 2 Mondays ago were the birthdays of fellow students Jake from California and Marco di Italia. Jake’s event was at a Jazz Club at Placa Reial. Marco’s was at Café Berlin. Ended up staying up all night and going to a chupito (shot) bar because Barcelona closes down after 6AM. Walked home at sunrise Tuesday morning, a holiday at Barcelona, el dia de la Diada. Slept til 5PM.

Last Saturday attended a housewarming party on Balmes. Place was packed with IESE students like sardines in a can. Could not move. Drank tons. Stephan (from Germany of course) explained how German parties ended up with people stripping and pouring beer on themselves. Ja… ja…

Speaking of Germans and beer, I was supposed to go to Munich this weekend for Oktoberfest. This Monday is another holiday in Barcelona. But since I don't yet have my residence card, I can only leave the country once (and I need to go to London for a banking event). So I took it upon myself to spend this weekend in Madrid with a few IESE compadres. Hey, if I can’t leave the country, might as well party IN it. Viva Espana!

No hay comentarios: