jueves, 27 de septiembre de 2007

Opus Dei

There is a lot of mystery surrounding Opus Dei. Luckily for me I have not read the Da Vinci code, and I don´t have an opinion one way or another surrounding the topic. What I do know is that I feel glad that our school is an initiative of Opus Dei. In fact, the Universidad de Navarra was created by the originator of Opus Dei himself which I find is quite amazing. As a Catholic, I find some comfort in this, but it is also a bit to get used to.

Coming from America, we have an obsessive compulsion of dividing church and state. (And school..) It is definitely different to see crucifixes in every classroom, even though I always have one above my bed. And I find that the classes here are a lot stricter than in the US (well, I DID come from New Orleans), and are from what I´ve seen, similar to those "Catholic school" stereotypes.... barring that infamous Britney Spears video....

I went to mass yesterday, and I felt inspired. All in all I find our school incorporates a deeper meaning in developing business leaders, and I feel that involving this religious aspect helps in having students recognize the importance of developing society and being less selfishly profitminded, at least, as a trickle down method from the professors. The goal of any business leader should be to improve society first and foremost. Although I don´t consider myself especially religious, this I do agree on.

No hay comentarios: