sábado, 5 de enero de 2008

Leaving the United States Again

Tomorrow I go back to Spain. I rather enjoyed my brief respite in the States. It's so much more comfortable here (probably because I know my way around to whatever I want whenever I want) customer service is wonderful, and I don't have to do exchange rate loss calculations in my head whenever I make a purchase. But besides the things I miss about America: Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, Wal-Mart, Frasier, being innocent until proven guilty, the great $400 John Edwards haircut, the thing I will miss most is driving. Driving: Good. Public Transportation: Annoying. Long open highways filled with trucks & SUVs (okay I hate SUVs; I believe they unnecessarily pollute and subconsciously promote war). There is nothing I love more sometimes than driving. Which is why returning to America for me is somewhat irresistible.


I-10E into Houston

Oh, Stick Magnetic Ribbons on your SUV:


I love Wachovia. They certainly paved the way with promoting ethics, community service, the best customer satisfaction (#1 6 years in a row!) and great people. Before I worked for Wachovia, I googled all the banks with the word "Scandal" and Wachovia was the only one I applied to that did not have a public track record. Whenever I walk into a Wachovia on any side of the country, I am always greeted with a cheerful “Welcome to Wachovia!” It's great.


My Wachovia retail branch

No hay comentarios: