sábado, 5 de enero de 2008

OBAMANATION!

Iowa Caucus was yesterday, and Barack Obama wins 38% of the votes, with Edwards (be still my heart) coming in second at 30% and Hillary third with 29%. I am so happy I can hardly contain myself. What a great start to the new year. I am finally bullish on America, and Obama is the perfect candidate to lead us into a new era. Instead of going into the politics here, I’ll stick to the safe road by being vague and just plaster this entry with Obama propaganda.



So Inspirational:


To another victory in New Hampshire!

...Let’s dream for a little while. If I were President, I’d provide tax cuts to the middle class (increasing long term disposible income & therefore consumer spending), strengthen international relationships & increase trade, assume Bernanke will reduce rates enough to stimulate business investment (come on 50bp!), and provide subsidies to technological development in hopes of providing a positive supply shock and releasing our dependence on oil. Additionally, I will take money out of militaristic activities (substitute diplomacy, doesn’t cost a thing) and transfer that fiscal spending into reducing the twin deficits & domestic programs that have proven track records. I’d make sure our children know what is going on in the world, that we are not the only ones in it, or at least have them know where the bloody countries are located so that our international friends no longer point and laugh. Perhaps I’d find a way to make handguns illegal. That could take a while. Oh, and I would build a damn levee in New Orleans. Geez. It’s been long enough, I don’t care who was supposed to have done it. Dream over. Back to reality.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

That post was in January! And its June and its finally done! I finally became an Obama convert last month before the KY primary.
Obamanation is fully in gestation. It'll celebrate its birthday on Jan 20, 2009!