miércoles, 30 de enero de 2008

My Gamble

I took a gamble today. I could either visit Global Praxis, a Barcelona Consulting firm, or Ermenegildo Zegna, an Italian firm specializing in luxury menswear at 14h15. I had applied to Global Praxis, but I know they are only hiring 1-2 people, and I have no consulting experience, am only 25, and don't have any connections there. So I tried my luck with Ermenegildo Zegna.

I liked the company. I didn't realize how much I appreciated mens fashion until I found myself analysing Felipe's suit combination, and how it was not only very creative, but professional and fashionable as well. Basically, when I see a guy walking towards me (as in an interview candidate) I would be thinking "Wow! Sharp suit!"

Anyways, I digress... The granddaughter of Ermenegildo Zegna spoke to us today. My favorite comment of hers was "I love men!" I was thinking, This is my company... But jokes aside, they only have positions open for sales managers in South America. Coincidentally, I was thinking today about spending a summer in Bogota, Colombia. Or anywhere in South America. To practice my Spanish and salsa... So I chatted up the HR guy. Who knows what opportunities this will bring. I am just going with the flow...

Additionally, I serendipitously scored lunch with the head of Diesel Iberia on Monday, another fashion brand. I'm just taking opportunities as they come up, if I like them. I really don't know what I want to do anymore. I have alot of Wall Street experience. What is next? I wonder where this career river will take me...

No hay comentarios: