martes, 29 de enero de 2008

Ricardo's Birthday

I called Ricardo today in Houston to wish him a Happy Birthday. He's 36 today. I look forward to this every year. The mornings are more special, the day turns out lucky, the nights are serene. I think it's because he likes to hide and be alone on his birthday that makes it so special to me. I know he really doesn't want to be alone. We used to spend it together every year (except the year I interviewed with IESE). I surprised him the first year. I stole his license from his wallet one night and figured out his birthday...

The day did turn out to be special. I had to run to the bank before school today, so I rode there with Felix. Ran into Antonio outside the B Building as I got my daily Financial Times (Obama on the cover!!!) and we had the most pleasant conversation... It set a great tone for my entire day.

Managerical Accounting I'm usually mesmerized by the professor. (He's quite good. And he talks alot about CASH!!) But not today. I couldn't hear a word he was saying, had all this noise in my head. See, I had opened up my email and serendipedously received a note from a friend of mine. He wanted to see me today. My heart stopped beating and leapt out of my chest. Our chat was lovely to be concise. The words just flowed so naturally. It was like the air was so light. Perhaps that was what caused me to float as I left...

Studied in the library until 7 when I had a nice bocadillo dinner with my favorite guy Sebastian. After that, joined Alejandro Lago's Operations study session. He is an amazing professor. You can tell he wants each and every one of us to understand, and he had no qualms about staying late to help us. I felt so humbled and impressed. This subject is so hard for me, but he worked with me until I could do it intuitively, until I got the logic right. I felt so happy to be at IESE with such great people.

Spent another couple of hours in the new building reading cases before going home. I was happy. As JD says in SCRUBS, "I guess in the end, things seldom work out the way you expect. Sometimes fate is on your side. Other times, well, you've kind of sealed your own fate. Either way, you have to trust that whatever is supposed to happen will happen."

2 comentarios:

AA dijo...

:P

MujerDivina dijo...

Oh Antonio, don't give me that look... :P