domingo, 17 de febrero de 2008

My Old Fashioned Night in Barcelona

Elliot Reed: Janitor, did you ever wish you were different from yourself in every way?
Janitor: No, I'm a winner. But I can tell you that time spent wishing is time wasted. If you want to be different, then be different.
-SCRUBS


Friday I was different, but everything was the same. We had class, then I came home for a quick nap before going out. Our team facilitator Martin was having a birthday dinner that night, so I joined about 60 people at this new Mexican restaurant on Gran Via. Mariachis.. coronas... the room was so animated with life. Had a great time catching up with all the second years.

Then me, Bala, Blanca and Ralph headed to HandBar for Magda & Laura's birthday celebration. It was my first time there, and it immediately became my favorite bar. Absolutely felt at home with the Spanish pop. I knew just about every song. I joined Magda dancing on a stage, but then she went down & I found myself dancing surrounded by a Spanish field hockey team all in suits! It was a little bit of Heaven. Had some great dances with Jacob, and Spanish Antonio, and Marco. Perhaps one of my favorite dances was when Bala and I broke out in a little salsa on the crowded dance floor.

Marco had his Italian friend Alessandro visiting, and we all walked to Up & Down club after Handbar closed around 4. Alessandro and I had a pleasant walk over there, but he was worried that he bored me with his life growing up in Italy. I was just thinking how fascinated I was with Europeans. At Up & Down, we ran into Stefan, Felix, Juan de Dios, Alejandro, Bala and many others. I was pretty disappointed in Up & Down's collection of American music (I wanted more Spanish), but it was quite amusing to watch all the guys dance to Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like A Woman!" Probably my favorite dance there was with Marco, because it just flowed naturally. Left the club and headed home at 6AM, legs all danced out and feeling great. All in all was a very classic good old fashioned night out in Barcelona.

No hay comentarios: