viernes, 29 de agosto de 2008

Another Amazing Colombian Artist #2 - JERAU

"Que.. estas conmigo mi amor, muñequita de mis sueños ven a mi..."

It was September 2006, Bogota, in La Kukamakara club when I first heard this song. We were ordering bottles of rum and coke when Daniel, one of my Colombian friends from Tulane who was also a trader in the hedge fund with me (top trader in fact), asked me to dance. He said it was his favorite song. He and his cousin had just seen Jerau in concert that day. And so we danced... and I fell in love with this song.

Jerau (Jerry Rodriguez) is an up and comer from Cartegena, Colombia. Born into a family of actors, he wrote his first song "Buscar Otro Amor" when he was 12. His secondary studies lead him to Bogota with the intent of studying business, but he ended up breaking into the world music stage instead. He's really got soul.



Jerau - "Estas Conmigo"

No hay comentarios: