martes, 19 de agosto de 2008

Another Amazing Colombian Artist #7 - FANNY LU

When I first heard Fanny Lu (Fanny Lucia Martinez), I liked her right away. Turns out she studied at one of the most prestigious universities in Colombia, la Universidad de Los Andes, as did most of my Colombian friends. Actually, I almost went to Los Andes for a Masters in Political Science & Economics but instead I chose to get an MBA in IESE.

"No Te Pido Flores" is one of her most well known songs, it has a tropical feel to it, and in fact I think it sums up exactly how I feel about love:

no te pido que traigas flores
tampoco que me des bombones
yo solo quiero una caricia
que me digas que tu me quieres
no te pido que te confieses
ni que prometas ni que rezes
yo solo quiero que me digas
que no hay mujer que mas admiras

(I'm not asking for flowers or chocolates, all I'm asking is for your affection and that you love me. I don't want you to give me promises, I only want you to say that I'm the woman you admire most.)


Fanny Lu - "No Te Pido Flores"

No hay comentarios: