lunes, 25 de agosto de 2008

Another Amazing Colombian Artist #4 - FONSECA

Fonseca is one of my favorite artists, no wonder, because he is influenced heavily by another of my favorite artists of all time, Carlos Vives. A Gemini from Bogota, his music captures alot of the coastal Vallenato songs but mixes them in with catchy-rock beats.

One of my favorite songs in the world is already posted on this blog, it is so romantic, but I will post instead a song from his new album, Gratitud, out this year. His music is simply amazing.

"Enrédame" is another classic romantic song, and how can you not fall in love with lyrics like these:

Con mis ojos cerrados te doy un beso
Ay a veces no se si yo te merezco
Pero me encanta enredarme
Todas las noches contigo
Y si estoy loco vas a vivir
en un manicomio conmigo



Fonseca - "Enrédame"


(An English translation couldn't do it justice. Just one of those things that sound better in Spanish.. Okay, I will tell you this: there is a line that goes something like "Deliver me your nightmares, and I will give you my dreams..." Aww.)

No hay comentarios: