viernes, 29 de agosto de 2008

Barack Obama's Speech at the Democratic National Convention

Even though I am far away from my country, things like this still make me feel like I'm at home. This speech was amazing. Now I'm not exactly the strong patriotic type, but it almost made me cry it was so good. I know it sounds corny, but I have been waiting for a man like Barack Obama to say what I always wanted to say, to share my opinion on issues I care about, to be my voice. And he just did. I know what the media says, that Barack is not connected to the people. Well I feel he is connected to me. Even if he is half a world away.

"And we will keep our promise to every young American: If you commit to serving your community or your country, we will make sure you can afford a college education."


This is the link to the interactive video and transcript.
http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/president/conventions/videos/20080828_OBAMA_SPEECH.html#

No hay comentarios: