domingo, 17 de agosto de 2008

Another Amazing Colombian Artist #8 - CARLOS VIVES

Carlos Vives is truly a monumental singer in Colombia. Born August 7 (a fellow Leo) in Santa Marta, he was the first mainstream singer to incorporate the Colombian folk sounds of Vallenato (which I love) into rock music. If you are used to listening to Western music, his sounds may come as a shock to you. But I guarantee that you won't go into any Colombian bar or club without hearing some Carlos Vives. Before he was a singer, Carlos was a major soap actor on many Latin telenovelas. He's one of my all time favorite singers.

Como Tu is a song about a guy who deeply loves and admires a woman... but she doesn't know it.

"Como tú, la primavera
Como tú, la vez primera
No haya nadie que me quiera
Como tú, mi vida entera"

I think the mood of this song captures the true spirit of the Colombia I've experienced - the freedom, the passion & the dancing - just living life and enjoying it.


Carlos Vives - "Como Tu"

No hay comentarios: