jueves, 28 de agosto de 2008

Another Amazing Colombian Artist #3 - ANDRES CABAS

This spot was meant to be for Shakira, but since everyone probably already knows about her, I thought it would be more beneficial to introduce another lesser-well known, but equally amazing Colombian artist. (That, and the fact that I have more Cabas songs than Shakira ones in my iPOD.)

What can I say about Andres Cabas? He was born in Barranquilla and his music has become popular due to his catchy and Caribbean sounding songs. His old stuff (particularly Fiesta de Tambores or Ana Maria) is strong on the Afro-Caribean beat and is very authentic, folksy Colombian.

So the following video is a song from his newest album. It is the traditional story about a man not believing in love and feeling hopeless until he met that special someone. And married her. In fact, he wrote this for his wife. The video is very sweet, and surprising. I wanted to post this to show again how utterly romantic Colombians are. I don't think I've ever met a person more passionate & romantic than a Colombian. (Anyone care to prove me wrong?)



Cabas - "Bonita"

No hay comentarios: