miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2007

50 First Dates

Meeting the scores of Investment Bankers these last few days at the Career Forum is like going on many first dates. What an excruciating process. They take you out to lunch, dinners, cocktails, even breakfast (!) and you talk about yourselves... awkwardly. Then you exchange business cards. Well, people don´t usually do this on a first date (except me, when I was a "SuperCapitalist").

I just met the most horrible banker. He was rude, arrogant and unfriendly. In fact, most of the bankers in this bank were quite arrogant. The fact that one of them said their main goal was to make a lot of money was already a red flag. Since I was waiting around for 15 minutes awkwardly to talk to this guy (he completely ignored me), I stood around to ask a few intelligent questions. But he wasn´t even interested in me. All he wanted to do was talk about himself and all the money he made. And the accomplishments he did. It was exactly like going on a horrible first date that I couldn´t wait to get home from. His rudeness was the cut-off point. Needless to say this bank will not get an application from me. I politely excused myself and left.

"Keep in touch!" he said in the most sarcastic voice imaginable.

"Will do!" I said, walking off without his business card.

I went off flustered and needed to talk to someone. Instead I closed myself off and headed to the computer labs to make a spreadsheet for a case...

No hay comentarios: