miércoles, 17 de octubre de 2007

Trends in Investment Banking

And now we are back to Ann’s career choice struggle: Investment Banking or Industry? Today Lehman Brothers held a seminar on “Trends in Investment Banking.” I wasn’t planning to attend, but somehow it drew me in. And strangely, I felt once again that I belonged there, and sure enough, Lehman felt like it was “My Company,“ the one I’m meant to work for. No matter how much I try to avoid Banking and Finance, somehow it pulls me in. My Organizational Behavior professor says that there must be some reason for the choices that we make… and that often it is wise to follow the path that you have set. As much as I try to fight it, as much as I don’t fit the typical profile, I guess I’m really meant to be a Banker.

The presenter from Lehman actually knew who I was. Probably because he reviewed my resume and cover letter just the day before. I’ve got a breakfast with Citi booked next Monday, then cocktails with Lehman, then a dinner with Merrill Lynch, then breakfast with Lehman again. It was like fate was saying “Welcome home.” It was back to the same old schedule and I loved it.

So the trends in investment banking por mi parte siempre esta cambiando. Entering IESE I vowed to go into ANYTHING but investment banking or finance. Two months later my plan is to go into to Sales and Trading, but try to stay in Southern Europe. I really want to work in Madrid. Little by little I am weaning myself off the United States, to create a new life in Europe. We shall see what happens...

No hay comentarios: