domingo, 21 de octubre de 2007

Bar Crawl

Apparently drinking traditions transcend international borders. Wachovia has this IBD Analyst tradition of Bar Golf, where we all dress up in the silliest golf clothes and go to 18 bars taking "shots" at each par. The one farthest away from par-18 is the winner. Man, I can hardly remember what went on that night... I do remember someone getting into a cop car thinking it was a cab....

So IESE has an annual tradition of Bar Crawl, a team excursion where each section (A, B y C) is given a costume theme, and the teams within each section go through certain drunken tests to compete amongst themselves. Here are the themes, some photos I have lifted from a classmate’s album because 1) Drinking and shooting pictures requires some focus 2) investment bankers go by the saying "don't reinvent the wheel", and 3) I was too busy dancing the night away to whip out the camera…

Section A (my section) were sadistic cops.


Section B were naughty school girls and boys.


Section C (the Spanish section) were crazy doctors.


The first competition involved blowing up a balloon and popping it on another teammate’s lap. Well I wasn’t paying attention during the directions, and before I knew what was going on, I was pushed to the front of the line, given a balloon and told to blow.

“But I don’t know how to blow this!” I said; I had never successfully blew up a balloon before.

So I just went for it, and before I knew it, the balloon was getting bigger! Woo go me! And then afterwards, everyone was yelling at me to sit on this guy. I was so confused, so Felipe just popped it & I didn’t have to sit on him! Who the heck makes up these games?

The next bar, Pepsi Club, involved a competition of sexy dancing. We made up this corny boy band style routine and worked it on the stage-floor. I think I had a little too much fun with my baton…

And the third bar, we had a silly little obstacle course. We easily beat the other team on that one. Then all of a sudden, they started playing great music, and me and Sudar started dancing. Before we knew it, everyone was clearing the floor so that we could have a little dance off. He was pulling out some Indian style dancing and hip hop and I answered with hip hop and salsa. Was maybe my favorite part of the night. But me, I’m a partner-style dancer, I’m not so accustomed dancing alone, but I can pull it off. I love hi-jacking my partner’s moves though so that I can become the center of attention! Alejandro and I started dancing some salsa before going to the last club.

At the last club had a great few dances with Daniel from UK. I was shocked how good he danced! But this guy knew how to have fun. Danced some Brazilian dances with Felipe as well, which was really special. I quite enjoyed it. Dancing with my classmates is the best thing I can do. You can really feel the connection and respect we have through dance, without even saying a word.

But enough dancing talk. Let’s get to fashion. Dress was interesting that night, and I certainly did not capture the widest range of costumes, but here are a few of honorable mention:

The serious (Nuno with my teammate Hao)


The lovely (Can you guess which one is El Delegado de mi grupo espannol?)


Apparently how the cops dress in Italy, as evidenced by Marco


Drinking on the job I see…. So that’s how they do it in Brazil...


And these are the winners of Section B. Wonderful expressions….


So here is my beloved group, A8, to close out the entry.

1 comentario:

Carmen dijo...

I love the pictures! It was such a great night! I don't know what I liked best...the smile on your face when I handed you the billy-club (police baton) or hearing you say "but I don't know how to blow"!! The last one should be nominated for a COW award!!