viernes, 5 de octubre de 2007

Group A8 Dinner and BOW

Yesterday I took Alvaro's moto virginity. He said he never had a moto while living in Madrid and then he got one here, so, naturally, I was the first girl he had on it. He picked me up at IESE and we rode to our second year team facilitator Martin's house for tapas. He was Argentinean. He had tango playing when we arrived and even had empanadas. They were great.

So funny thing. We all had to bring some food to the party. I brought grapes. Typical American thing, right? Fast, easy, healthy, a safe choice. Everybody likes grapes. Oh and we did a case that day involving Reisling wine, so I decided to bring some of that. Alvaro was laughing at me and the grapes, and I wondered why. It wasn't until I arrived that Martin told me I might as well be seducing everyone here. Apparently it's some Spanish or Latin custom that when you bring grapes and especially wine it is seduction food and you should plan to spend the night... WHAAAAT? I mean QUE?

Had a great time talking with Felipe about Brazilian carnival and how there is all this random kissing going on. Like you turn around and kiss a Brazilian guy, and then another, and another until 50 guys later.... and I said "Ahh yes. Reminds me of Freshman year." Ha. Ha. Ha. No te preocupes, es una broma.

Felipe was so sweet, he kept getting me drinks. I didn't have to do anything, just sit there. I love that guy. And I love how Alvaro takes me around on his moto, like he is happy to do it. I got a little drunk last night and managed to say that he was manly and has big muscles. Oy....

So after some more drinking, we head to the BOW. It was at Bocayma. Had some more drinks and a great conversation with David about Southern dancing, yellow pants, and the differences between European and American dating. How in America, it takes forever for a man to declare exclusivity and how it is so much easier in Europe.

Went home around 230h on Alvaro's moto. It was the nicest ride. I didn't even have to hold on. But I did go "WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" alot in the streets...

No hay comentarios: